- Coffee Ratio: 14.28:1
- Time: 3 minutes
- Water: 300 ml
- Coffee: 21 grams
Planning a camping trip and want to bring the least amount of coffee equipment? Or want less coffee equipment at work? Cafflano® Klassic is your choice for an all-in-one brewing system! You can always count of having the satisfaction of making a fresh cup of coffee wherever you are. The all-in-one tumbler stands 7.5 inches tall, with all the necessary equipment to brew a good cup of coffee: improvised drip kettle, foldable hand-mill grinder, etched stainless filter dripper, and tumbler. Only thing you need is readily available hot water. Cafflano® Klassic does not require a filter paper! But for easy and fast clean-up, you can use a Hario paper filter in the etched stainless filter dripper. (Highly recommended when camping so that you do not have to waste water to rinse the filter dripper)
Here are the specs for this brewer by Cafflano® Klassic:
Cafflano® Klassic is the world’s first portable pour-over coffee maker reflecting an intuitive and epoch-making all-in-one design. Enjoy specialty coffee everywhere with Cafflano® Klassic; home, office, school, car, outdoor, and etc. Preparing all necessary brewing kits costs much and troublesome when trying to enjoy coffee outdoors; Cafflano® Klassic is affordable and its light weight ensures maximum portability, removing the hassle of packing.
It consists of coffee grinder that has a foldaway conical burr ceramic hand-mill, dripping kettle, dripper, server, etched stainless filter and tumbler, and all of those components are integrated into a single assembling unit. Wherever you are, with Cafflano® Klassic, whole beans and hot water, you can easily and conveniently make fresh and tasty coffee of your own. The best way to have great coffee is to grind freshly roasted beans and brew right before you enjoy it; and Cafflano® Klassic is the one that enables it. It is neither battery-operated nor needs electricity, but totally environment-conscious with its permanent etched stainless filter.
[Cafflano® Klassic – Unique Characteristics]
- Portability - a 470g (1 lb.) single constructible unit with full functionality
- Convenience - easy to brew, no multiple brewing kit, measuring cup nor scale are required
- Economical - 1/10th cost of coffee at shops and 60% cost of existing bulky brewing kit
- Eco-friendly - no electric power, disposable filters & cup are required
- Individuality - freedom of choosing any specialty coffee
Now that you read about the Cafflano® Klassic, let’s get started!
I would highly recommend using this type of brewer as this is very compact and comes with its own carrying case. Like any immersion, we would suggest a coarse grind (CHECK & TEST) and steep for 3 minutes like the French Press recipe. But for this particular brewer, we found a finer (CHECK & TEST) grind worked better.
Let's get started
What you will need:
- Cafflano® Klassic
- Kettle (stovetop or electric are fine)
- Measuring vessel
- Coffee Mug
"Having my Klatch Kenya Gichathaini in Pitalito Colombia. Where are you having yours?" - Mike Perry, traveling in Colombia for the Colombia Roaster's United Competition.
- Remove Klassic lid and unfold lever on grinder.
- Weigh out 21 grams of whole bean Klatch Coffee and place in hand-mill grinder. The hand-mill can hold up to 30 grams of coffee. Make sure to have filter below hand-mill grinder and in the thermos.
- Turn the lever on hand-mill grinder to begin grinding. Grind size should be similar to coarse ground kosher salt. Refer to Cafflano® Klassic video for adjusting grinder to finer or coarse grinds.
- Grounds will fall into the filter below.
- Once all coffee has been ground, remove hand-mill grinder.
- Place hot water into the dripper lid and place rubber lid on top of the dripper to prevent over spilling water.
- Place Thermos on scale and tare the weight.
- Saturate all coffee grounds with 40 ml of water for 30 seconds.
- Continue to pour water until you reach 300 ml.
- Time: 2:45 minutes to 3 minutes. If ran to quickly, make the grounds finer. If ran to slow, make the grounds coarser.
- Remove filter, dump out grounds in trash and rinse clean.