- Coffee Recipe Ratio: 13:1
- Time: 4 min (30 sec steep)
- Water: 700ml /200°F
- Coffee: 54g, medium coarse (ground pepper)
- Pre-heat both your french press and mug by pouring in boiling water.
*This helps retain the heat.
- Boil approximately 1 Liter of water in the kettle.
- Weigh out 54 grams of whole bean coffee.
*If you do not have a scale, use tablespoons for measuring.1 TB is equivalent to 5 g of coffee. Scoop 11 times to getapproximately 55g of coffee.
- Grind your coffee to a medium coarseness. *This grind size is most closely related to Kosher salt.
Dump out the preheat water. Pour in the coffee.Place the French Press onto your scale and tare it.Have a timer ready to ensure the proper extraction while brewing.
- Pour the hot water up to 700 ml.
- Stir At the 1 minute mark, quickly agitate the grounds for5 seconds in circular motion with a stirring utensil.
- Brew Place the lid securely onto the French Press andallow the brew to steep for 4 minutes 30 seconds. While the coffee is steeping, dump out the water from the preheated coffee mug. At 4:30, press down on the plunger of your French Press.Press down until you reach the coffee ground; Do not press to squeeze the grounds
It's ready! At the 5-minute mark on your timer, pour yourself a mug of coffee.*You may pour the rest of the contents into a separate serving carafeto prevent over-extraction and an unpleasant mouthfeel to your coffee.